Accountant – £35,000-£45,000 – South Cambridge
D&A Group are currently seeking an Accountant to join their team based in South Cambridge.
D&A Group is made up of a collection of companies independently owned and run across a selection of industries, Recruitment , Training, Logistics, Construction and Payroll
- Monthly Reporting cycle:
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts and related analysis in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Assisting with preparation of group reporting requirements to our subsidiary company.
- Financial review and control:
- Preparing and reviewing regular balance sheet journals and transactions.
- Preparing and maintaining balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Managing the inter-company invoicing and reconciliation process
- Assisting with preparation of VAT returns
- Business partnering:
- Providing financial support and analysis to finance and non-finance budget holders on a monthly basis and investigating variances to budget
- Supporting both finance and non-finance budget holders in the preparation of budgets and re-forecasts.
- Year-end responsibilities
- Providing assistance and information to external auditors and other professional advisors as required.
- Supporting other ad hoc business improvement projects as required.
Part-qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) Other attributes
- Be positive, proactive and have a “can-do” attitude
- Be able to work independently and prioritise a varied workload; working to a schedule and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a good standard of written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.